Sunday, March 31, 2013

India Arie Denies Skin Bleaching


Singer India Arie took to twitter to say that she has not bleached her skin and recent press photos of her with a lighter pigment were from lighting:
Personally speaking! I’m happy to say I have NOT BLEACHED my skin. ROTF at the thought.
1. I wouldn’t endanger my health that way
2. I’m so in love with myself I have no DESIRE to BLEACH myself. Lol
3. The GLOW you see IS (magnificent) lighting
4. THE LIGHT you see, well that’s all ME!
Politically speaking racism/colorism in the black community is a MUUUUUUUCH large.#SongVersation #skinversaton THAT I’d LOVE to “shed light on”..that conversation IS REAL, …let’s keep talking.


Read more: Necole Bitchie.com: India Arie Responds To Skin Lightening Rumors http://www.necolebitchie.com/2013/03/31/india-arie-responds-to-skin-lightening-rumors/#ixzz2PBMxCMWr
I believe her, I know with African Americans they have to use different lighting for us to show our true skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...