Friday, April 5, 2013

Film Critic Roger Ebert Dies Of Cancer At Age 70



Roger Ebert dies of cancer at age 70
Roger Eber has passed away after losing his battle with cancer, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
The news comes just a day after he announced that he’d be taking a “leave of presence” after discovering the reemergence of the cancer.
“It means I am not going away,” Ebert, 70, wrote in a blog post late Tuesday. “I’ll be able at last to do what I’ve always fantasized about doing: reviewing only the movies I want to review.”
Still, it’s a loss for Ebert’s fans and the film world, said Dann Gire, president of the Chicago Film Critics Association and movie critic for The Daily Herald newspaper in Arlington Heights. Ebert wrote more than 300 movie reviews last year.
How unfortunate. I will keep his family in my prayers.
Source Love B. Scott 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...