Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nicole Scherzinger Says She Turned Down Rihanna's Smash Hit 'We Found Love'





According to The Mirror, Nicole Scherzinger did an interview with fashion magazine Notion in which she says that she was offered the girl's position in Black Eyed Peas before Fergie and turned down the smash hit 'We Found Love' before Rihanna picked it up:

Nicole Scherzinger has made some pretty bold claims in her latest magazine interview, AND treated us to some pretty bold pictures too.
The X Factor judge told the latest issue of cool fashion and music magazine Notion that she was originally offered what went on to become Fergie's place in the Black Eyed Peas, saying that she had to turn it down because she was contracted elsewhere - well, this is news!          
And the Pussycat Doll didn't stop there, also claiming that she also turned down Rihanna's Calvin Harris hit song We Found Love before the Bajan beauty recorded it.
"I passed on We Found Love," she said.
"I got the demo of that song and I was busy at the time. They’d sent me a few dance tracks and I wasn’t able to get to them and I was like, 'Oh, there’s so much dance and I want to take a break from it.' That was my fault. I slept on it."
In all fairness Nicole Scherzinger still has a very successful career. I would be pissed if I would have slept on a hit song like 'We Found Love' but honestly Rihanna has that star power to where she can sing about paper bags and it would still be a hit. Maybe Nicole didn't see what Rihanna saw in the original demo and that's why she turned it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...